Friday 22 June 2012

What’s in my Glossybox (June 2012)?

I got my June Glossybox through yesterday and on first glance I wasn’t impressed but actually I think all the products may be useful.
My June Glossybox

Glossybox Serie Exclusive Pro Beauty Brush (a natural goat hair blush brush worth £15) and a sample BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer (a shimmery pure mineral bronzer, full size £8 /4g)
Glossybox brush and BM Beauty bronzer

Yves Rocher France Ultra Volume Mini Mascara (sample of plumping mascara designed to last 12 hours, full size £16.90 /9ml)
Yves Rocher mascara

Agent Provocateur three perfume sample pack (1.5ml EDT samples of Agent Provocateur, Agent Provocateur Maitresse and Agent Provocateur L’Agent, full size £39 /50ml)

Agent Provocateur EDT sample pack

Vichy Dermablend Ultra Corrective Foundation Stick (set of six colour samples of this camouflage foundation designed to cover severe skin flaws for up to 16 hours, full size £19 /12g)

Vichy Dermablend foundation sample pack

The full selection of products available (as far as I can tell) are:
Everyone got a Glossybox brush, BM Beauty bronzer, and the Vichy Dermablend foundation
Those under 20 received a Dermalogica Clean Start set (it is designed for teenage skin though I have tried it before and quite liked it)
Then you got a selection from the following to make up your five products; HD Brows tweezers, MeMeMe nail polish, Yves Rocher Mascara, Paul Mitchell leave in conditioner, Green People organic SPF15 sun cream, Agent Provocateur perfume or Caudalie perfume

Now I have to add that I am a sucker for spoiler posts so I had in fact looked at the options for the month before my box arrived. There seemed to be quite a variety of boxes floating around and opinion was clearly divided on how bad or good the box was. But after reading so many posts (20 or so) I noticed was that people’s opinions of what made a good box varied a lot as well.

Some people were saying how great it was to get a good sized perfume sample and others were saying they couldn’t believe a perfume was included. Some people loved the inclusion of the concealer but other people thought it was a strange choice. Everyone has a different opinion of what is a good box. Some people like perfume, others don’t, some people like face creams, others like make up. Some people like to see tried and tested brands, others like to try new ones. You can’t please everyone, and Glossybox is a sample box, you will get a random selection of products (at least until they start using the beauty profiles a bit more). So if you don’t like a surprise then you probably shouldn’t sign up as you can’t expect to get what you like all the time.

However I will admit that the value of the contents should possibly have been closer (though does value really compare to a popular product? Personally I’d rather have a £4 product that I love than a £25 product I will never use) and perhaps the solution is to have less variation in the boxes. And if they are going to use a theme they should follow it a bit closer or get rid of the theme (If this was a sexy summer box it would have been nice to see products like; body moisturiser, exfoliator, fake tan, UV protection spray, lipbalm with SPF, or bright nail polish, or make up in summer colours, or waterproof mascara/eyeliner. I’ll give them the suncream and bronzer, and possibly even the summer scents, but I can use mascara, and conditioner, and tweezers, and make up brushes all year round. Summer is a time for good skin not lots of make up).

Personally I like the surprise (reading spoilers still counts as a surprise) and anticipation of getting a nice parcel each month so I will keep subscribing (I still have a tiny bit of wall space without a Glossybox box piled up against it).

Xoxo

Ps. If you don’t already subscribe try these codes:
15% off throughout June AFFJUNE15OFF
20% off your first glossybox and a free gift DV20OFF
And if you subscribe through this link I’ll get some Glossydots reward points (yey and thanks so much)

No comments:

Post a Comment