Tuesday 5 June 2012

Cake creations for celebrations

Day three of 30 Days of Creativity was our Jubilee tea party. So I got up early, got out all the ingredients, and started on the 4hr baking extravaganza.

The ingredients
Red Velvet cake - looks so wrong, but tastes so good...
 I worked so hard that I got blisters on my fingers but it was definitely worth it as the party was a massive success and everyone enjoyed the cakes. I also managed to create a new dish - smurf meringues - and perfect my Red Velvet cupcakes - this time following the Hummingbird Bakery recipe I found online.

xoxo

Red Velvet cupcakes (Hummingbird Bakery recipe)
Blueberry muffins (Hummingbird Bakery recipe)
Plain scones (rhymes with gone) (recipe from BBC Food) with whipped cream and jam
Flourless chocolate cake (Nigella's recipe)
Meringue Smurfs (my own invention of meringues and blue cream)
Ice your own cupcakes (the perfect addition to any party)

No comments:

Post a Comment